Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Party at Hunterheim!

At my age, the socializing I normally do is connected to church, journaling, photography and book club.  Thankfully, book club, like our formal journal group, consists of 20 something people through the 70s.  This makes for lots of diverse opinions, experiences and just plain fun!  This leads up to sharing a look at the 1980's bash held at a book club member and her husband's lovely home in the historic west end of our fair city.  The food was tasty and interestingly labeled with cards bearing titles of 1980 movies and clip art from each movie.  These two young people know how to host a party to the nth degree!  The entertainment featured two young ladies who performed belly dancing for our enthralled delight.  In addition, we all were able to spend time with a lovely lady friend who had been in our book club and journaling group, but now lives in California.  A great time was had by all!  Thank you, Emily and Doc!
my son and I
My 20 year-old granddaughter helped
me choose clothes and jewelry much like
the 1980's style.  Others, like my son, purchased
vintage wear from charity shops and some from on-line.

our friend, Cindy from California and Dee

I took shots of two of my favorite
1980 movie images.


Emily, our hostess and Cindy
Sorry, Doc, I didn't have camera-in-hand
when I was getting my drink from you.
Both Doc and Emily rock!

Cindy and moi!

Two more friends: Linda & Sherita
 our two talented and lovely belly dancers!


6 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

what a wonderful time!!! I sooo loved seeing a photo of you! You look as sweet as I imagined!!

Your friends look like they would be so much fun, I am glad you had a great time!

Scrappy Grams said...

thank you, Caren, for the kind words! It was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Norma! Thanks for all the kind words; so glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

It really was a nice party, wasn't it!! I'm so glad I finally got to see you, if only for a short moment. I'll be in touch next week about taking some pictures for me! Thank you in advance!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that sounds like such a great party! LOVE the 80s theme idea! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Tezzie said...

Fun stuff! Looks like a great time, for sure :D "Princess Bride" is one of my fave movies of all time!