Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 149

Memorial Day
I don't know if natives of other countries love their flag as many Americans love theirs, but the colors bring pride and cheer to my heart whenever I see one.  These flags wave in my neighborhood.

I am ashamed to say that when I was young, I got embarrassed because tears would come to my momma's eyes whenever she beheld the flag in parades.  I wish she were here to see that the same thing now happens to me.
Forgive me, Momma, for such ignorance.






2 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

this was beautiful and heartfelt. I am sure your Mama knew that you were just a little girl and didn't completely understand yet. She is smiling now, knowing that you DO!

Graham Edwards said...

The British are not great ones for flag flying and there is also a slight issue with which flag to fly. Each country has its own flag but Scotland and Wales think of the Union Flag as being English rather than British and you will rarely see it being flown in either of those countries. I am not a nationalist any more than I follow any particular religion. I see both nationalism and religion as dividers of people and thus as creators of conflict. Both of which I abhor.