Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 151

lamb's ear
I love the internet for a means of learning.  My intention was to make sure that I had the correct name for this plant.  Thus, I discovered that it not only is enticing for us to touch it, but it is an herb and is good for making tea.  Whenever I've been lucky enough to grow the plant, I've always pinched off the blooms because I don't find them attractive, but I enjoy the look of the leaves and the softness of them.  I think the angle of the plant I captured here looks like the bloom of a flower.
BTW I have spent little time on-line since I've had an infection which has caused me a migraine  since Sunday.  Intermittently, I got on and posted my photos and looked at a couple of blogs.  Today is the first day since May 26th that my whole head hasn't hurt.  Now, it's just the site of the staph or strep infection (my nose).  The "doc in the box" didn't test which it was; probably because treatment is pretty much the same for either.  I presume it is since I feel that I'm on the road to wellness.  Here's to recovery!  

6 comments:

Librarian said...

Sorry to hear you have not been well, I hope the headache soon leaves you entirely.

The picture is beautiful - when I only saw it on my dashboard, before looking at it properly, I thought it was a flower. The German name of the plant escapes me at the moment, but it definitely grows here as well.

Scrappy Grams said...

Librarian,
I thought so too when I was looking for a photo to post today. The scientific name is stachys byzantia; it's a native plant of Turkey. Is the German Woll-Ziest?

Librarian said...

I'm afraid I really don't know; my Mum probably does, she knows almost any plant, especially the ones carrying flowers, but also herbs.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that is so pretty! Almost looks like a bridal flower

Scriptor Senex said...

I love the plant and your photo of it is wonderful. Like you I used to pinch off the flowers but I don't have any Lamb's Ears any more.

Sorry about your migraine and infection. It's so debilitating having a migraine for that length of time. I hope you are feeling better now.
Love
J

Graham Edwards said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been well but I gather from the fact that you've been posting since (I've been away from much of Blogland for a few days) that you are now well. I very much hope so.

The plant has lovely leaves but I'm not sure that I know what the flower oops like. I must look it up.