Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 204

I am posting these storm clouds today for a reason other than being related to weather. I feel that it symbolizes the emotions being felt in Aurora, Colorado.  Prayers, I am sure, are being offered for the dead and the wounded in that tragedy yesterday in the Aurora theater.  I am offering no thoughts about what would cause an individual to perform such an atrocity.  My mind cannot begin to wrap itself around this act. 

6 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

nor can mine.

I am also greatly saddened to see that so far only you and I have posted something about it. I am shocked.

I enjoy seeing cats, dogs and cute videos and reading about animal causes but what is blowing my mind is the "head-in-the-sand" approach from those who are normally quite vocal. Frankly, it is making me sick

Georgianna said...

Beautiful image and so poignant, Norma. It's impossible to come to grips with.

Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words.

Georgianna

Librarian said...

Pictures of the sky never fail to touch me in a particular way, and this one is no exception.

Rosemary Aubut said...

One can ask why forever???? Just so sad! my heart goes out to the families!

Humberto Dib said...

Great blog, Norma, I really liked it!
I'll follow you.
Cheer from Argentina.
HD

Graham Edwards said...

Living in two countries where even the police are not armed in the normal course of events I find the fact that anyone so mentally disturbed can just walk into a gun shop and purchase such weapons completely incomprehensible. Just as many Americans find our decision as a country not to carry guns as a right equally odd. To me the inalienable right to carry a gun must have as a logical conclusion the right to use the gun. And guns are designed to kill people.