Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Response

My response to  Patti Digh's Blog on Letting Go:
 1. Put out of my mind the actions and business of others over whom I have no control.  As in The Serenity Prayer: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.” 
 2. I need to let go of regrets about whatever I did or didn’t do involving my husband.  That’s the only way I can move on in a confident manner, affirming that God is beside me now and will always be.  I just have to remind myself of that when I wander into “Woe is me land.”
 3. Let go of the idea that I need a companion to walk beside me for however many years I have left of my time here on Earth.  
 4. Quit being preoccupied by those no longer in my life, no matter the reason, and be grateful for those people gracious enough to share space with me.
 5. Be thankful for the blessings I have- a warm-hearted and loving family, generous and accepting friends, a warm and homey abode, a functioning car and a steady income.
 6. Accept my body for the positive gifts it gives me- those of mobility, energy and health to exercise, hearing and vision faculties, empathy and ability to communicate both in the oral and written areas- instead of its imperfect package seen in my mirror and by the world-at-large.  
 7. Shuck thoughts that lead to dreary and depressive days, weeks…
 8.Throw out excuses for not using my Rodney Yee  DVD.
 9. Stop rationalizing why I’m not on my treadmill.
10. Discard wasting of time.
11. Crush any negative musings leading to the inaction of living life to the fullest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Norma! And I love your response list! Glad to see the links in your post and I sure hope you'll start doing Yoga with that Rodney Yee - what did Cynthia call him? I can't remember. Anyway, Kudos to you :)

Linda said...

Great job! These are things we can all let go of. Love the post--and love you!

Sandi Baron said...

Ahhh, such inspiration. I hear my own pleas in your voice. I guess there is a reason we writers feel so close. Love you. Thanks for posting. I hope I get to come to Jan. blog time.