Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dream Vacation: Prequel

I am borrowing the prequel idea from the movie media because I hadn't organized my Hawaii photos as well as I should have.  This "chapter" includes our landing in Oahu and the airport landscape.  
Charles and I were afraid that we wouldn't get to the airport on time traveling from Muncie to Indianapolis.  So we reserved a room at the Indy Red Roof Motel.  We were so full of anticipation that we both woke at 2:00 a.m.  We showered, dressed and headed for the airport which was not far from the motel.  However, we either missed a turn in the inky dark or had poor directions.   Nevertheless we finally arrived at the airport in time for the 5:30 a.m. departure.    

The airport surroundings are so lovely that I enlarged this photo to 8 x 10 and framed it.  It hangs on  my living room wall with other photos from Hawaii.  Vacation photos from San Antonio, New Orleans, Cancun and Playa del Carmen are on that wall as well.




A warm aloha from our greeter Melissa in the airport in Honolulu July 3, 2002.

Our faces show exactly how we felt upon arrival to this Paradise on earth!  Our leis are composed of real  flowers!  Our emotional high lasted about 24 hours!
  

1 comment:

Celeste Rose said...

I love the photo with you and the greeter, I love that natural laughing smile. And, with all the light on your face you look so beautiful. I miss my Poppy so much, I was excited when I saw this post just anticipating the scroll down to see a photo of Poppy. I love you, Gramma!