Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project 64: Brown and A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 26

I bought this coffee because of its chocolate flavor.  Yum!  But I was so jittery the rest of the day that I gave it to my youngest son.  As you can see from the package, it's bold, too bold for me!

To save posting twice, the hammer is my photo for day 26.
When I was newly married, and doctors still made house calls, the doctor called at our home for my husband who was so sick that he couldn't get up from the couch.  He diagnosed hepatitis before Charles even had a blood test.  It turned out that the doctor was correct.  So when he had his own practice, we and my parents became patients of his.  The doctor had a wicked sense of humor that made it comfortable to be in his exam room.  A few years later, my dad decided to make Dr. Coldwater (the doctor's nomme de plume in the newspaper) a joke gift.  Be aware that this was decades before the nail gun was invented.  Here's the hammer that my dad gave to the doctor.  Dad had drilled out the bottom of this hammer and glued the end of a plug so that seemed to be an electric hammer.  Recently, when I was talking to the doctor (who replaced the first doctor when he retired), I reminded him that my dad had given the hammer as a joke.  He asked me if I wanted to have it.  Of course, I did!  So which do I pick for my entry?  I love the brown of the coffee bag the most so that's my entry.  However, I just had to tell the story.  It cheered me up on another grey day.  Maybe it'll do the same for you if your sky looks like ours.
~hugs~

2 comments:

GB said...

Not just a good story but wonderful that the hammer has survived all this time.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like someone else had a wicked sense of humor too!