Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 161

Yesterday was the latest national rally for religious freedom.  The one in our city was held at the Delaware County Building.  I searched our local newspaper for even one word about it.  The only section that mentioned it was the opinion page.  This is the second time that our newspaper deemed a NATION-WIDE assembling news unworthy of publishing.  Most people that I've had either virtual or face-to-face contact think that "we Catholics" are concerned with taking away women's rights.  They don't seem to comprehend that the First Amendment in our Constitution is being laid aside by our president in his HHS Mandate.  I get sick to my stomach when I think how this has been railroaded upon the American public.  The media doesn't seem to realize the importance of the mandate being overturned. However, I will continue to pray and hope that right continues in the future to be the law of our land.

Muncie's county building

2 comments:

Graham Edwards said...

I'm surprised that, if the First Amendment is being set aside, the might of the Roman Catholic Church (for might it certainly has) has not been brought to bear through the courts. After all in the UK the Roman Catholic Church for many many years prevented the legalisation of abortion for non-Roman Catholics.

Scrappy Grams said...

It's thanks to people who keep track of bills that made us aware of our president's meddling with our Constitution. Of course, he acts as if he isn't. It's quite frightening.