Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 26, 2011

Master Bathroom Remodel

I am lucky to have a son who was taught all kinds of remodeling skills by his dad.  That talent is resulting in my having my master bathroom remodeled.  The only thing remaining in it is the double sink area.  I had one of those garden baths that look like a haven for the weary body, but I have a difficult time getting in and climbing out of it, so out it goes! 




Here are the bathroom materials being delivered.  Maybe I got carried away with my camera work, but seeing that only one man was delivering so many boxes by himself, I had to see and capture how he would do that!  



Jeremy helped carry the materials in; I'm thankful he had the day off on delivery day.  How things would have been brought in if he hadn't, I have no idea.


Next are some work-in-progress photos.
the support wall for the tub surround
You can see one of the sinks that are staying.
My son at work installing the surround.  I don't know why I have the streaks of color running on the right side.  If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it.

My new tub's side measures only 16 inches from the floor.  I checked my ability to get in and out of it at Lowe's.   I'm looking forward to the bathroom being done so I can take a "test drive" in the new tub in my lovely new bathroom.


Here are some before photos of other areas in the bathroom.

old cracked toilet by garden tub
The garden tub also took up lots of room!

mirrors, mirrors, mirrors!  five in all...in a bathroom measuring about 9 x 12 feet
These two were given to a granddaughter.

curious Max wondering where the shower went   :D

new hotel-style towel bar
It's on the wall above the two sinks.  Another mirror had been there.   I've left a mirror above each sink.  That's quite enough for my taste.

I love the way the chrome looks on the wallpaper.  It  brings back the warm memories of    our country home bathroom with the claw-footed tub and pedestal sink. ah...
Speaking of wallpaper, my husband did the wallpapering a number of years ago.  We had admired a rose wallpaper on the bedroom wall in a bed and breakfast in which we'd spent our wedding anniversary.  Such a sweet husband!  If I'd known how much work it would be   to do a mobile home wall, I'd never have suggested it.
(Speaking of that dear man, today is his birthday.  I'm sending thoughts and prayers upward for your special day, Honey!)

the towel bar by the new tub




3 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

your bathroom looks like it is going to be delightful! I hope you get much enjoyment out of it!

You are quite lucky that your son is able to do that work for you.

((((hugs)))) on your husband's birthday, he sure was a sweet husband to have that wallpaper put in for you when it was so sentimental to you.

((((hugs)))

ADRIAN said...

Well you certainly be able to bathe in luxury now.

beth said...

i love remodels of any kind and this one looks fabulous....you gotta love a son who has learned any kind of construction/remodeling.

my son has worked for a contractor off and on now for 4 years and is a wizard when we need something done