Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 157

It's been months since I've written any poems.  The most terse reason I can come up with...no motivation.  Two days ago enjoying the weather, not having pain and being relaxed, here's what I wrote:

Sun. June 3, 2012
Pleasurable Day? 
I have enjoyed reading my novel on my deck.
The soft air caresses my aching and tight neck as I relax.
If only there were no roaring from the neighbor’s yard.
His yard man is mowing…on a Sunday!
I had considered doing that earlier, but I chewed on the reflection and tossed it wherever unused thoughts go.
Now the air conditioner is bellowing in my ears.
Really why is it even running?
The screen door that they have open would offer the same cooling without the clamor.
Aah, now my ears pick up only the twittering of the cardinal and other birds.
               Sweet Sunday at last!

1 comment:

Graham Edwards said...

"and tossed it wherever unused thoughts go". I love that clause!