Soaring Through the World

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Photo a Day: My Daily Sustenance, Day 224


I have a set of photos, not just one because I fell in love with these two characters.
Son was checking Baby Teddy and Pearl's collars to make sure that they were not too tight. 
Goats' eyes fascinate me.  Here is the explanation I found when I googled my question.

Goat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoatShare
Goats have horizontal, slit-shaped pupils, an adaptation which increases peripheral depth perception.

Son is feeding both goats a treat from his hand.  I also did it, but I wasn't quick enough in my thinking to ask someone to snap a picture when I fed them.
I asked Son and Wife why they bought goats.  The reason: a grandson wanted them.
Derek and Margaret Ann have several acres on their land. Sisters Pearl and Baby Teddy are abiding in the wooded area that has fencing all around it.  Plans are for more goats is what I discovered when I asked about the possibility of goat cheese in the future.  


Goats (and cows, from my experience) must have brought about the old adage "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."


See what I mean?  She is going for the blossoms on the other side of the fence. Son says that there are lots of these trees, but NO... the outer blossoms must taste sweeter.

3 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

so cute!! Thank you for the "goat tutorial!"

Scrappy Grams said...

Caren,
You are so welcome! LOL :)

Graham Edwards said...

In my experience goats are the world great escapees being able to jump over or but their way through almost anything. They can be incredibly destructive because there seems to be virtually nothing that they won't eat. Brave person your son.